CLEAA Good Learning Forum
The 2010 CLEAA Conference featured a Good Learning Forum – a panel and audience discussion about what constitutes good learning, some of the current challenges and problems and ways of progressing learning for lawyers and law firms. (CLEAA is the Continuing Legal Education Association of Australasia)
The discussion, facilitated by Ben Richards from Aticus, brought together a diverse panel including Noela L’Estrange (CEO Queensland Law Society), Ramona Saligari, (L&D Manager Maddocks), Fergus Green (Solicitor, Allens Arthur Robinson), Steve Mark (NSW Legal Services Commissioner), Phil Greenwood (SC, NSW Bar) and others.
Some of the issues address include:
- Giving lawyers clarity about purpose of learning and desired competence
- Helping lawyers understand how they learn and what they need to learn
- Engaging and inspiring the audience through different learning formats (e.g. lessons learned, case studies)
- The role of leadership in establishing learning cultures
- Diversifying the methods of learning delivery
It’s a fascinating discussion that will resonate with many professional development or L&D people. Click on the image above or here to view.